Have ball hit grass within 4 feet of foul line.
1. Divide players into two groups of one, two or four players each. Each team gets four balls, divided equally among the players.
2. Have a player from the starting team stand behind the foul line (10 feet from the throwing end of the court) and throw the small yellow ball toward the opposite end of the playing surface. (Must go pass halfway line of court)
3. Let the player then throw one of the larger balls, or “Boccia,” trying to get it as close to the yellow ball as possible without touching it.
4. Have players from the opposing team take turns throwing their balls until one of the balls stops closer to the yellow ball than the starting player’s ball. If they fail to do so, the starting team tries to outdo its first attempt.
5. Let the starting players take their second turn if the opposing team gets closer to the yellow ball than the starting team without using all of their balls.
6. Continue in this fashion until all eight balls have been thrown. The team with the closest ball gets one point for each of its balls that are closer to the yellow ball than the other team’s closest ball.
7. End the frame after all eight balls have been thrown and appropriate points have been awarded. The scoring team begins the next frame. If no team previously scored, the team that threw the yellow ball last begins the next frame.
8. Play as many frames as needed until one team has a total score of 12 points.
9. Any ball hitting the back board of court is taken out of play. Can use side walls to bounce your ball off from.
You can hit opponent’s ball, your ball or the yellow ball to improve your position.